Tuesday 22 January 2013







So when the new Nokia Lumia 920 was up for grabs with EE i decided to take a new contract out, i filled in the order form on the website all seem well.

at the time of the order i knew the phone had not been released yet, but i was willing to wait. For the next 2 weeks i was constantly told there was no order until 1 day i received an e-mail advising my order had gone through and i phone had been ordered.

small hiccup but i didn't mind as i was now getting my phone. The day of delivery came and we waited all day. Nothing arrived, i rang the delivery company to be told the parcel was refused at the door. Since no one had come to my door i was puzzled. After further investigation it turns out EE have sent my phone to the wrong address. An address i never provided to EE.

With this u had to travel to Rotherham to pick up my phone. I get home and opened up my phone, all would seem well. After opening the box it became apparent i would not be able to use this phone. The wrong Sim card was provided, i then looked at the paper work to find o had been charged the wrong amount for the phone.

So i called EE to be told it would be Easier to return the phone and start again. Seemed to be a long winded way but i went along with what they said. So the new phone was ordered and again it was sent to the wrong address after already advising them of this. Another trip to Rotherham and i finally got my phone. Right Sim card, charger etc, another week had passed and still the other phone could not be sent back. I called EE again to find the address was STILL wrong. This was amended and another returns bag was sent.

Again another week goes by and still no returns bag. I called them again to be told it had been sent but they will send another bag. Another week later i finally received the bag. The item was packaged up and return.

However what they failed to advise is i have to pay to send this item back. £7 later the item was gone. During the course of November & December EE was kind enough to charge me £210+ bearing in mind my monthly contract should be £46 a month plus £20 for the phone. This amount was far to much.

after the phone was returned the recalculated all my bills and told me i should be refunded £146. I was advised this refund could not be issued until my next bill was produced (16/01) i advised EE this was not acceptable but to no avail i had to wait until then.

the 16th came and i called EE to make sure the refund had gone through. I was advised it had done and that i should get it within 48hrs. I waited for 7 days and as of yet no refund received. I called EE again to be advised no refund had been done and the credit on my account has been used to pay this months bill.

So now i'm left with just £103 in credit. I explained to the advisor this is not acceptable. I have constantly been told the wrong information and to top it off they have advised they have requested the refund today and it can take up to 14 days before i get it.

3 months into this contract and already i wished i never placed the order with EE, the fact that i have been left out of pocket and forced to get a loan just to get to work due to this company's incompetence.

I still do not have my money back and by the time i do get it back i imagine i will see very little of it.

could be a one time occurrence I though, just me being unlucky. However a friend of mine who took a contract out a month after me is also facing the exact same issues. He was due a refund of around the same amount and as of yet still not got it.

3 months and no conclusion to this nightmare. I can safely say i will not be renewing this contract in 9 months time and i would not recommend using this company.
I would suggest avoiding this company at all costs. There are other issues that have also occurred with this company that i have not mentioned.

Leave a Reply

Thank You for Leaving your comment :) Why not read another post?

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

Popular Post

- Copyright © Bobby's World - Powered by Blogger -